Monday, January 5, 2009

The Beginning

I'm definitely starting the new year off with a bang. It hasn't been easy to say the least. My friend Erin drove down this past weekend to hang out and to talk about some things going on in my life. She really helped me see that my faith would only get me so far. I also need a relationship with God. I've been a Christian since I was young and made a commitment to God when I was 15 years old. I was baptized when I was 15 at St. James Episcopal in Warrenton, VA. I was given Godparents, Jim and Ann Gwathmey. They have been a huge part of my life ever since. I could go on and on about my past but this is about the present and the future.

Since then I've been married and I had a child. Lucas is now two and my husband Joseph and I have been married for about 2 1/2 years now. Life hasn't been to easy on us. We married quickly and became parents even quicker. We had a premature baby, moved, were living on 1 small income, and moved again (twice). So a lot has been on my plate since I fell in love with Joe. We've had the odds against us from the beginning. And now I've come to a point in my life where I can recognize what the stress has done to me, my faith, my body, and my heart.

I need a spiritual transformation and now. I need to be right with God. I need him to know that I am at his mercy. I need him to know that I trust in him like I always have. I need to find peace even if times are hard. So I'm hoping this blog will help keep me guided. I will post some of my quiet times on here and others thoughts and stories I might have. I hope by doing this that whoever reads this blog will see the amazing changes that occur in my life.

I'm also going to blog about other changes I make in my life (ie. going to church, working out, loosing weight, making friends, and anything good in my life). There is no doubt I won't talk about my family because they are numero uno. This blog is a more personal blog than the other one I have. This blog is about my inner-self and my walk with Christ. It will be honest, truthful, and maybe even inspiring. We shall see!

God Bless,
Lindsay

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just saw your new blog...Looks like a great idea! I have some books to recommend that I think will really help, the first one being, Return to Love. Google it and see what you think!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Erin and I decided to do a spiritual blog to help us stay on track with our quiet times. We're reading 3 chapters everynight...Ruth, John, and Psalms.

    I haven't talked to you in awhile it seems. Hope you had a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited! I love your first post...you're a very good writer. I can't wait to see what your thoughts on scripture are...love ya girl!
    Transformation is the key word! I am asking the Lord to transform me inside and out!

    If, like the bible says, we are the clay, I can't wait to see what the potter is going to make of us!

    ReplyDelete