"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same"
I know that believing in God will fulfill your life in every way possible but being a Christian does not mean bad things won't happen to you. Christians face the trials of everyday life like anyone else (Divorce, Death, Debt, Addictive Behaviors, Depression, ect). The list could go on. The difference is that as a Christian we believe God will hear our prayers and bless us. It may not happen in the way we want it to or when we want it to ~ but the Lord will give us the answers if we listen.
Life has been hard on me lately. I'm not sure that I'm ready to dish all my troubles on a public blog but I do know that my present reality is really testing me and it is scary. I remind myself that maybe I asked for it. I have acted in ways that are not kind, thoughtful, or fair. I'm far from perfect but I also have to believe that some things just happen because they are meant to. Maybe these hard times were destined to happen, regardless of my actions. Maybe the writing was on the wall all along and I never wanted to see it.
I do know that I'm going to have to make some life changing decisions in the near future. Half of me wants to get it over with and move on and the other half of me is in mourning over something I wanted so badly. What should I do? Have faith, in God, that he will provide me with hope, strength, a shoulder to cry on? Yes, I should have faith in God. He has never steered me wrong. I also need to have faith in myself. I need to believe in myself and that everything will be Ok. I can survive anything. I will get through the sadness, loneliness, and anger. I will be happy in this life.
Like the quote says- sometimes the right decision is the toughest one to make. I need to make the right choice.

No comments:
Post a Comment