Wednesday, March 11, 2009

YL Leader

I got a call today from Stephen who oversees Young Life in Huntsville. He wants me to meet up with the Bob Jones HS campaigners tomorrow night. I'm excited but seriously nervous! I am totally out of the loop when it comes to reading scripture and citing my favorite verses. Not that it a prerequisite but I don't want people to think I don't know what I am doing. I am going to meet all the kids and the other leaders and get a feel for what it would be like. In two weeks I'm going to meet up with Stephen over dinner and discuss my training to be a leader. This will be a big deal. I am going to be a mentor to teenagers and help them learn about God.

Of course this takes me back to my YL days. My leader, Heather Jolly, changed my life. She was my mentor, friend, and showed me it was cool to be a Christian. I can't imagine what my life would have been like without her. And now I might possibly be that person for someone else. So needless to say, this will be life changing all over again. I will definitely blog about my experience tomorrow night. I hope and pray it's a good one!

www.younglife.org

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm so excited for you. I know you're going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete